Seminar to raise awareness of the population of Adamawa region on CyberSecurity
The National Agency for Information and Communication Technologies, ANTIC, shall organise a Seminar to raise awareness of the population of Adamawa region on CyberSecurity, 28 February-02 March, 2018 in the hall of “Lycée Classique et Moderne de Ngaoundere”.
The seminar has as objective, to enlighten the population of the Adamawa Region on the legal and technical aspects of cybersecurity as well as best practices to be adopted in the cyberspace.
The seminar shall be marked by the following activities:
- Presentations and a question and answer session on cybercrime and cybersecurity concerns;
- Distribution of cybersecurity brochures and campaign gadgets;
- A workshop with cybercafé managers.
Meanwhile on the last day of the seminar, that is Friday, March 02, 2018, ANTIC shall organise a caravan campaign in primary and secondary schools; during which pupils and students shall be drilled on basic ICT concepts, cybersecurity and the role played by ANTIC in promoting the development of ICTs and enforcing cybersecurity in Cameroon. The schools concerned are:
- Government Primary Practicing School Sabon Gari Group II B;
- Institut Polyvalent Bilingue les Pintades;
- Lycée Classique et Moderne de Ngaoundéré.
The campaign in schools shall be marked by a quiz and award of prizes to winners.
Through this exercise, ANTIC intends to scale down the incidence of cyber crime in the Adamawa Region and in Cameroon as a whole.